Acratothermal water with high calcium, magnesium and hydrogen carbonate content at 34.5 degrees Celsius at the source is a verified healing factor of exceptional importance in balneo-rehabilitation treatments. The composition of the water has a beneficial effect on the rehabilitation process following:
- locomotor system injuries and disorders,
- major extremity joint surgeries,
- spine disorders and surgeries,
- sports injuries and locomotor system reconstructive surgeries,
- degenerative and inflammatory locomotor system disorders,
- peripheral nervous system disorders,
- gynaecological and oncological surgeries.
Terme Zreče prides itself on the natural healing factor mountain peat, estimated to date back 10,000 years. Found in mid-high altitude mountain marshland amidst Pohorje woods, its environmental purity is of great importance. Peat is thus recommended as a therapeutic method for the following conditions and disorders:
Locomotor system disorders
These include chronic non-inflammatory rheumatism disorders (lesions related to joint wear and tear, chronic spinal pain and “calm” stages of inflammatory rheumatism) in particular.
Peat for thermotherapeutic purposes is applied for gynaecological disorders, i.e. chronic inflammatory processes of the adnexa, ovarian dysfunctions, menstrual cycle disruptions and sterility treatments in particular.
Thermotherapy is recommended for chronic inflammatory urinary tract processes and non-specific inflammatory processes.
Thermotherapy is suggested especially for non-specific chronic gastrointestinal disorders (chronic constipation, meteorism, gall bladder disorders and related chronic disorders that require improved digestive tract circulation).
Peat constitutes an extremely beneficial complement to the recreational team-oriented approach exhibited by relaxation programmes underway for psychosomatic and neurotic issues. Peat is applied in the form of wraps or baths.
Fango contains the bentonite natural factor derived from volcanic ash. It is rich inorganic substances and of a high thermal capacity and low thermal conductivity. Providing the body with heat and maintaining it for a long time, it has very beneficial effects on long-standing back, hip and knee pain as well as on joint arthrosis and chronic rheumatic disorders where thermotherapy is recommended.
The healing climate on Rogla has a beneficial effect on patients suffering from respiratory tract and lung disorders. Following an analysis and opinion provided by pulmonologists, it is appropriate for treating:
- conditions following pneumonia and pleura inflammations
- rhinitis and allergic conjunctivitis
- pollinosis, psoriasis, neurodermatitis
- general conditions such as convalescence following disorders and surgeries, neurovegetative disorders, hyperkinetic heart syndrome
- allergic conditions that affect the upper respiratory tract in particular. Our specific microclimate has a beneficial effect on alleviating issues caused by pollen allergies